2017 Requirements for the WCS International Song Contest
THE 2018 SONG CONTEST .
PLEASE take the time to read the rules and regulations carefully for the West Coast Songwriters International Song Contest. If you have any questions regarding the contest or any other matter related to entering, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone (650) 654-3966.
Each Entry must include the following:
- When entering your song you are agreeing to the rules and regulations below.
- Yours attached song five (5) minutes or less in length.
- Your lyric pasted into the body of your email (please include English translation, if applicable) with each entry. Lead Sheets not required for instrumental compositions. List your name, the song title and the category you are entering your song into. If you are not sure of the category, leave category blank and we will enter it into what we feel is appropriate. Also list your tee shirt size in case you win a prize.
- $20.00 per song entered
ENTRIES MUST BE SENT NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT P.S.T. APRIL 15th 2018
- Each song submitted must be contestant’s original work. Songs may not exceed five (5) minutes in length. No song previously recorded and released through major national distribution in any country will be eligible. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name only on the entry form. Contestant may submit as many songs in as many categories as s/he wishes, but each entry requires a separate entry, lyric and entrance fee. Entrance fee is non-refundable. WCS is not responsible for late, or misappropriated entries.)
- We have some great prizes:
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive an Ed Sheeran Signature Edition MARTIN guitar constructed with mahogany HPL back and sides, equipped with Fishman Sonitone electronics and a gig bag. This little Martin with a big sound is ready to hit the stage, just as Ed intended, a WCS tee shirt, an official Winner certificate, a Conference pass for the 38th annual WCS Music Conference - September 8 & 9 2018. If the Grand Prize winner has already registered for the Conference they will be refunded their registration fee. If the winner is a performing songwriter they will also be invited to perform their winning song at the Sunset Concert at the Conference in front of all the Music Industry Guests, and will be given guest access (incredible networking opportunity). Overall value of this prize $1200 plus the priceless access to guests!
- The rest of the category winners will receive a prize TBA a WCS tee shirt, and an official Winners certificate.
- Categories include: Acoustic/Singer/Songwriter, Adult Contemporary, Alternative. Americana, Bluegrass/Country, Blues, Boadway/Caberet, Children's Music, Classical, Christian/Gospel/Inspirational, Electronic/Dance/DJ, Folk, Funk, Hip-Hop/Rap, Humorous, Instrumental, Jazz, Latin, Metal, New Age/Ambient, and Miscellaneous/Other, Pop, Raggae, Rock, Urban/R&B/Soul, and World. There is an “Instrumental” category, but not a “lyric only” category. All songs must be original. If there are 5 or less songs in a category, the songs will be moved to Miscellaneous. A winner will be selected from that category.
- The prize winners will be announced on this website (http://www.westcoastsongwriters.org) on June 30th 2018, and on the WCS Blog.
- Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters. Employees of WCS, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible
- Winners will be selected by an Executive Committee comprised of noted singer/songwriters. Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, and lyrics (when applicable). The quality of performance and production will not be considered. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song. Division of prizes is responsibility of winners. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Winners will be notified by email and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of the notification date. The affidavit will state that winner’s song is original work and s/he holds all rights to song. Failure to sign and return such affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/ inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits subject to verification by WCS and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, and voices for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Winners will be determined by June 30th, 2018, after which each participant can request a list of winners by e-mail.