Welcome to Redwood City
Here you will find up to date information about what's going on in the WCS Redwood City Location. It's easy to find who to contact, where to go and when it's all happening! If you need to reach us, please email the Redwood City Managers.
Songwriter Competition Information:
- LAST Tuesday of the month (No December Competition)
- Location: ANGELICA'S, Theatre Two Upstairs; 863 Main Street, Redwood City
- SIGN-UP: 6:30 pm. Start time: 7 pm.
- House PA and Keyboard (Casio 88 weighted) available.
- Be sure to invite your friends. Audience encouraged.
- Please make sure that you membership is current.
- Non-members are ineligible to win (but can perform, time permitting)
- Sound and co-managers Pete Sommer & KJ Smith
- SONGWRITING COMPETITION RULES
- Best Song of the Month receives 2 hours of song consultation with David Scheibner, former composer for Entertainment Tonight and current catalog is represented by Atrium Music in L.A. David's musical experience is a result of almost 20 years in LA, writing for such companies as Walt Disney and Paramount. His move to Nashville continued his work in music production. Now residing in the Bay Area, David music library can be heard in various network TV productions. David can offer the winning contestant a variety of options, including ideas for taking the song to the next level, arrangement or demo possibilities. Winner of Best Song will also be featured on the West Coast Songwriters YouTube site for one week. Winners, please talk to your location managers for details.
- Best Performance of the Month receives 40 mins vocal coaching at Iari Melchor's studio in San Jose
- A member can win Best Song Of The Month and Best Performance Of The Month twice during a season (with different songs) in each WCS Location. Playoffs are in July to determine Redwood City Best Song Of The Year. In August, the winners of Best Song of the Year from every WCS Location compete at the Finals for WCS Best Song of the Year. Three winners are chosen to perform at the annual WCS Conference in September.
Redwood City Competition Playoffs: July 30th, 2019
WCS Grand Finals: August 23, 2019
- Follow us on Twitter @WCSong
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe to WCS YouTube
- Post our logo and link on your sites - help share the news!
WEST COAST SONGWRITERS
WCS is one of the oldest and most active songwriter organizations in the world. WCS is a non-profit with more than 1,200 members. Membership and admission charges are tax deductible. WCS is a volunteer organization. If you can volunteer, please speak with the Managers or contact WCS. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask the Managers.
SEPTEMBER 2018 Winners:
Best Song: Marilyn Cooney - "Honolulu Dreams"
Best Performance: Scott Bell - "Howling at the Moon"
Thanks to our judges: Tiffany Joy & Maqui Reyes Copete
OCTOBER 2018 Winners:
Best Song: Nate Walker - "Chased the Dream"
Best Performance: Jenny Ball - "Howling at the MoonTime's Up"
Thanks to our judges: Maggie Wing & Mike Simpson.
NOVEMBER 2018 Winners
Best Song - Max Newton - "Playin With Lightnin"
Best Performance - C R Burgan - "That Lonesome Whistle"
Thanks to our judges: Mike Simpson & Iari Melchor.. Chapter Managers Pete Sommer & KJ Smith....