Welcome to Portland
Here you will find up to date information about what's going on in the WCS Portland Chapter. It's easy to find who to contact, where to go and when it's all happening! If you need to reach us, please follow the link below to email the Portland Managers.
Please be sure your membership is current. RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP.
The Portland chapter is a vital resource to songwriters living not only in the Portland area, but also in the northwest. Our monthly Performing Songwriter Showcase offers our members the opportunity to not only share and perform their songs with their peers and community, but to also share in monthly workshops that vary in topic and discussion. Our monthly events are always free to our members, and allow them to showcase their songs at one of the finest listening rooms in the Portland area.
SONGWRITER COMPETITION INFORMATION
- FIRST Sunday of the month starting
- Location: Spinella's Off the Wall 436 N Main Ave, Gresham, OR
- TIme: 5pm
- Please make sure that you membership is current (Smartphone photo of card is OK)
- Non-members are ineligible to win (but can perform, time permitting)
- CONTACT the Portland Managers
Songwriting Competition Prizes
There are 2 winners of the Songwriting Competition each month, Best Song and Best Performance.
- Best Song of the Month will receive Song Critiques from Buffalo Roadhouse Music; Additionally, Best Song will be posted on the WCS YouTube Channel as a featured artist. Video file (not YouTube link), song title, location and short blurb with link to website/facebook should be provided to email@example.com
- Best Performance of the Month will receive Performance/Vocal Coaching from Perfect Harmony Music Lessons
- A member can win Best Song Of The Month and Best Performance Of The Month twice during a season (with different songs) in each WCS Location. Playoffs are in July to determine Portland Best Song Of The Year. In August, the winners of Best Song of the Year from every WCS Location compete at the Finals for WCS Best Song of the Year. Three winners are chosen to perform at the annual WCS Conference in September.
Here's how the Skype Publisher Pitch works.
- RSVP to WCS Portland that you want to attend/submit.
- Send me a .mp3 of your song, and the lyrics, we will get them to Mark ahead of time so he can read/listen at his studio (BY APRIL 15th please!)
- WCS MEMBERS FREE ENTRY (if you are not one, please Sign Up)
- Songs are played in the order submitted
- $5 cover charge
- Non-members welcome, but only WCS members may submit songs. However, should you wish to join at the door, you will be able to participate the same evening.
- Submit one song per person on CD with a typed lyric sheet showing member's name/address/phone attached to the back with a rubber band.
- Deadline for CD submission is the sign-up closing time.
- All songs are played in the room, with the music industry guest critiquing each song so that everyone can hear the song and his/her comments.
- If interested, the guest will pick up the song for further consideration.
- PLEASE NOTE: SONG SCREENINGS ARE OPEN TO WCS MEMBERS ONLY
CD Mail-In Service
- If you are unable to attend the song screening, you may mail in one song for that month's screening series - but it must be received before the 15th of that month.
- CD's will not be returned
- You will receive a Publisher's Response Form giving you written feedback regarding your song.
- Please include a $5 check and a SASE
- On the outside of the envelope, write the name of the guest screener
- Mail your CD and Lyric Sheet (One Song Only) plus your $5 fee (Please, no cash) to WCS, 1724 Laurel Street, Suite #120, San Carlos, CA 94070
Works In Progress
As a member of WCS, you have the opportunity to meet with talented, well-respected and accomplished songwriters to review your song (either finished or unfinished). You will receive constructive comments to make your song better.
OCTOBER 2017 WINNERS