Welcome to Petaluma
Here you will find up to date information about what's going on in the WCS Petaluma Chapter. It's easy to find who to contact, where to go and when it's all happening! If you need to reach us, please follow the link below to email the Petaluma Managers.
Please make sure that you membership is current. Non-members are ineligible to win. RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP
Hearty congratulations to all the winners of Best Song Of The Month at Petaluma! Wishing you all good luck at the playoffs. And certainly hope that you all will come to Berkeley to root for your favorites at The Grand Finals on August 23th, 2019. They will certainly appreciate your support.
SONGWRITER COMPETITION INFORMATION
- 3rd Wednesday of the month starting Oct 19, 2016, except June which will be held on Thursday the 27th
- Location: Aqus Cafe, 189 H St Petaluma, CA
- SIGN-UP: Start time 7:00PM
- Be sure to invite your friends. Audience encouraged.
- Please make sure that you membership is current (Smartphone photo of card is OK)
- Non-members are ineligible to win (but can perform, time permitting)
- Managers - Dave Hamilton & Jay Gottlieb
- CONTACT THE PETALUMA MANAGERS
- SONGWRITING COMPETITION RULES
SONGWRITING COMPETITION PRIZES
There are 2 winners of the Songwriting Competition each month, Best Song and Best Performance.
- Best Song of the Month will be on theWCS YouTube Channel as a featured artist. Video file (not YouTube link), song title, location and short blurb with link to website/facebook should be provided to email@example.com
- Best Performance of the Month
- A member can win Best Song Of The Month and Best Performance Of The Month twice during a season (with different songs) in each WCS Location. Playoffs are in July to determine Petaluma Best Song Of The Year. September 6th, the winners of Best Song of the Year from every WCS Location compete at the Finals for WCS Best Song of the Year. Three winners are chosen to perform at the annual WCS Conference in September.
About the Petaluma Managers:
Dave Hamilton is a Sonoma County singer/songwriter who has been playing music in the Folk/Americana genres since 1979. Dave still performs quite frequently at various venues in the North Bay area where he mixes his original compositions with songs from from some of the most well known and respected songwriters in these genres such as John Prine, Jesse Winchester, Bob Dylan, Tom Russell, Guy Clark and many others. Dave is an award winning songwriter with the West Coast Songwriters Association of which he has been a member since 2013.
Dave is also a founding member of Sonoma County Bluegrass band called the Sonoma Mountain Band which has played in the North Bay area and beyond since 1993.
Jay Gottlieb was born under the sign of the local taco truck. He has been inexplicably involved with music since an early age, (experts estimate that age to be 22 or perhaps even 54), when it was discovered he was tone deaf. He plays guitar, (like children play their toy xylophones), sings when he can remember lyrics, has no sense of rhythm, sense of rhythm sense...of rhythm, and has been involved as a co-producer for many years with the now-long-gone, Napa Valley Music Festival. He has been a manager for West Coast Songwriters for 5 years, has won "Best Song Of The Month" 12 times, and "Song Of The Year" once, and is not, repeat IS NOT, (contrary to the rumors), from the planet Zarkon.
MAY 2019 WINNERS
Best Song: "Fool Outside The Window" Rose Winters
Best Performance: "The Firs Song" Jerome Rubin
APRIL 2019 WINNERS
Best Song: "The Walls Stand On And On" Jim Terry
Best Performance: "Lately I'm Thinking 'Bout You" Claudia Russell
MARCH 2019 WINNERS
Best Song: "Homer" Allan Wachs
Best Performance: "Baby Hold On To Me" Rick Fitch
FEBRUARY 2019 WINNERS
Best Song: "Love Will See You Through"
Best Performance: "Helen's Eyes" Jim Brumm
NOVEMBER 2018 WINNERS
Best Song: "Grandma's Song" by Jim Brumm
Best Performance: Must've Been Aliens" by Michael Radtke
OCTOBER 2018 WINNERS
Best Song: "If You're The Queen" by Tracy Ruggles"
Best Performance: "More, More, More" by Jim Brumm