News from Napa
Here you will find up to date information about what's going on in the WCS Napa Location. It's easy to find who to contact, where to go and when it's all happening! If you need to reach us, please email the Napa Managers.
NAPA is back! 2nd Thursdays at "Feast It Forward", 1031 McKinstry Street, Napa.
Please make sure that you membership is current. Non-members are ineligible to win. RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP
SONGWRITER COMPETITION INFORMATION
- 2nd Thursdays of the month
- Location: Feast It Forward, 1031 McKinstry Street, Napa
- SIGN-UP: 6:30PM. Start time 7:00PM
- Be sure to invite your friends. Audience encouraged.
- Please make sure that you membership is current (Smartphone photo of card is OK)
- Non-members are ineligible to win (but can perform, time permitting)
- Managers - Gary Koehler &, Jay Gottlieb
- CONTACT THE NAPA MANAGER
- SONGWRITING COMPETITION RULES
Hearty congratulations to all the winners of Best Song Of The Month at Napa! Wishing you all good luck at the playoffs. And certainly hope that you all will come to Berkeley to root for your favorites at The Grand Finals on August 25th. They will certainly appreciate your support.
There are 2 winners of the Songwriting Competition each month, Best Song and Best Performance.
- Best Song of the Month will receive a giftpack from D'addario and a certificate from Noisy Planet. Additionally, Best song winner will be on the WCS YouTube Channel as a featured artist. Video file (not YouTube link), song title, location and short blurb with link to website/facebook should be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Performance of the Month will receive a giftpack from D'addario
About the Napa Managers:
Gary Wm. Koehler is a singer, songwriter, guitar player, banjo picker, pedal steel player, harmonica player, 5 CDs out in the world, collector of all that is beautiful, from music to art, antique toys to antique cars, bicycles and boats, loves rusty old tractors, 2800 hours logged in the air hang gliding, plays a custom made Martin J-40 guitar and a cool 1896 S.S. Stewart “Special Thoroughbred” 5 string banjo. Gary loves his wife of 3+ years, (actually a lot longer, as we got married on the 20 year anniversary of our first kiss) and may as well throw the kids in there too. Gary has a killer job in the wine industry and has been given the opportunity to host the newest chapter of the West Coast Songwriters songwriter competition at the place he works. Gary has a lifetime endorsement package with D’Addario Strings, walks 4.5 miles a day, taught William Shatner how to hang glide, grew up in Marin, played all the old Marin clubs, Sweetwater, The Resh House, The Lion’s Share, Sleeping Lady Café and more, you can listen to his tunes on Pandora or spotify.
Jay Gottlieb was born under the sign of the local taco truck. He has been inexplicably involved with music since an early age, (experts estimate that age to be 22 or perhaps even 54), when it was discovered he was tone deaf. He plays guitar, (like children play their toy xylophones), sings when he can remember lyrics, has no sense of rhythm, sense of rhythm sense...of rhythm, and has been involved as a co-producer for many years with the now-long-gone, Napa Valley Music Festival. He has been a manager for West Coast Songwriters for 5 years, has won "Best Song Of The Month" 12 times, and "Song Of The Year" once, and is not, repeat IS NOT, (contrary to the rumors), from the planet Zarkon.
Best Song: "Replaced by Jose" by J.C. Tourbillion
Best Performance: "Love Each Other" by Hannah Wolf
Best Song: "Wrong Right Now" by Ken Risling
Best Performance: "Fable" by Winston
Best Song: "Broken Hearted War" by Meghan McLaughlin
Best Performance: "Fire Eaters Lament" by Wheeler Cole
Best Song: Life Is Short - by Patti Martin
Best Performance: Bummer Man - by Ty Kun