News from Cotati
Here you will find up to date information about what's going on in the WCS Cotati Location. It's easy to find who to contact, where to go and when it's all happening! If you need to reach us, please email the Cotati Managers
The Please make sure that you membership is current. Non-members are ineligible to win. RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP
SONGWRITER COMPETITION INFORMATION
- 1st Wednesday of the month
- Location: Redwood Cafe, 8240 Old Redwood Highway
- SIGN-UP: 6:30PM. Start time 7:00PM
- Be sure to invite your friends. Audience encouraged.
- Please make sure that you membership is current (Smartphone photo of card is OK)
- Non-members are ineligible to win (but can perform, time permitting)
- Manager - Jan White
- CONTACT THE COTATI MANAGER
- SONGWRITING COMPETITION RULES
SONGWRITING COMPETITION PRIZES
There are 2 winners of the Songwriting Competition each month, Best Song and Best Performance.
- Best Song of the Month
- Best Performance of the Month
A member can win Best Song Of The Month and Best Performance Of The Month twice during a season (with different songs) in each WCS Location. Playoffs are in August to determine Cotati Best Song Of The Year. September 6th, the winners of Best Song of the Year from every WCS Location compete at the Finals for WCS Best Song of the Year. Three winners are chosen to perform at the annual WCS Conference in September.
JULY 2019 Winners:
Best Song: Jerome Rubin "The Fire Song"
Best Performance: Wendell Wolff "We Need"
JUNE 2019 Winners:
Best Song: Jeff Hunter "All Of The Time"
Best Performance: Jerome Rubin "The Fire Song"
MAY 2019 Winners:
Best Song: Jeff Hellman "Not Tonight"
Best Performance: Jeff Hunter "A Way Of Life"
APRIL 2019 Winners:
Best Song: Allan Wachs "Northwest Passage"
Best Performance: Rob Shaw "Fischer Hall"
MARCH 2019 Winners:
Best Song: Dan Miller "Ashes"
Best Performance: Alan Wachs
NOVEMBER 2018 Winners:
Best Song: Max Newton “Playing with Lightnin’
Best Performance: Jim Brumm “Roberta Rides for Free”